What is the Keto Diet and is it hard to follow? (Nashville Keto Solution)
How does the Keto Diet work?
The Keto Diet is a very simple concept! It focuses on putting the body into a state of "Ketosis" which allows the body to enter a natural metabolic state where it uses stored fat cells for energy instead of carbs. You have to focus on eating meals that are high in healthy fats, high in clean protein, and low in carbs.
In general, you can eat from the following food groups:
- Fats & Oils. Try to get your fat from natural sources like meat and nuts. Supplement with saturated and monounsaturated fats like coconut oil, butter, and olive oil.
- Protein. Try to stick with organic, pasture-raised, and grass-fed meat where possible. Most meats don’t have added sugar in them, so they can be consumed in moderate quantity. Remember that too much protein on a ketogenic diet is not a good thing.
- Vegetables. Fresh or frozen doesn’t matter. Stick with above-ground vegetables, leaning toward leafy/green items.
- Dairy. Most dairy is fine, but make sure to buy full-fat dairy items. Harder cheeses typically have fewer carbs.
- Nuts and Seeds. In moderation, nuts and seeds can be used to create some fantastic textures. Try to use fattier nuts like macadamias and almonds.
- Beverages. Stay simple and stick to mostly water. You can flavor it if needed with stevia-based flavorings or lemon/lime juice.
Is the Keto Diet hard to follow?
The hard part about following the Keto diet is limiting your diet to the types of foods that are allowed and then finding the time to make meals every day. Luckily, you won't have to worry about making Keto meals on your own if you live in the Greater Nashville Area.
Eat Well Nashville makes and delivers, fully-cooked Keto meals to your home or office. The meals are made with all-natural, Keto approved ingredients so you never have to worry about whether you're following the diet correctly or not. Check out our Keto approved meals if you're trying to follow the Keto diet, but you're too busy to do the shopping, cooking, and cleaning. Eat Well Nashville has your back when it comes to keto meals delivered to your front door! We are on a mission to help the people of the Greater Nashville Area eat well and live better.