Eat Well's commitment to sustainability
In an effort to give back and take care of our environment, Eat Well Nashville has partnered with Ancient Nutrition to become a zero food waste facility! What does this mean? Eat Well donates all its' food waste to Ancient Nutrition's Regenerative Agriculture and Sustainability Ranch in Summertown, Tennessee. The food waste will be used for composting and feeding the animals. We couldn't be more excited and proud to be part of this initiative and help our environment.
Did you know somewhere between 30 to 40% of the United States' food supply is wasted?!
The R.A.N.C.H Project is a first-of-its-kind solution aimed at building topsoil, reducing waste and sequestering carbon dioxide, while supporting the mission to transform the health of every individual on the planet with history’s most powerful superfoods. You can watch this video with Ancient Nutrition co-founders for a deeper look.
R.A.N.C.H. stands for: Regenerative Agriculture, Nutrition & Climate Health. The program is dedicated to accomplishing the following;
Sustainability Commitments By 2024
- Be Carbon Negative through regenerative agriculture initiatives and supporting offsets
- Plant One Million superfood-bearing perennial trees, bushes, vines and shrubs; known as Million Member Regenerative Food Forest
- Each Ancient Nutrition product purchase supports the planting of superfood-bearing perennial trees, bushes, vines and shrubs.
- Reduce company produced plastic and waste by 25% while transitioning to more sustainable packaging & marketing material solutions
- No longer using plastic neck-band safety seals; Products that used to come in an outer carton are now just the bottle; Switching canisters over from hard PET to HDPE which uses 25% less plastic
- Launch a major seed saving initiative to future-proof regenerative farming by collecting and banking seeds from every harvest from the 100+ species Heirloom, Native and Exotic Superfood Farm, as well as collecting food waste and seeds from local organizations diverting them from the landfill
- Support world-changing non-profit organization Mully Children’s Family in order to help end poverty, hunger, homelessness and human trafficking while planting trees to fight climate change
As a company, Ancient Nutrition sources many of its ingredients from organic farms, including ingredients from the company’s new Headquarters located at The Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Sustainability, as well as the 4,000-acre Beyond Organic Ranch and Heal The Planet Farm, owned and operated for the past 12 years by Ancient Nutrition Co-Founders Jordan Rubin & Dr. Josh Axe.
The Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Sustainability
- 110-acre farm in Middle Tennessee
- Location of the Million Member Regenerative Food Forest initiative
- Currently growing 100+ plant varieties, focused on bio-diversity & native pollinators
- Home to ducks, chickens, guinea fowl, bees, horses, cows, sheep, and water buffalo
- Located on top of a natural aquifer that provides pristine water
- The farm is proudly certified organic and non-GMO
- Not located near any conventional farm field to help avoid run-off and spray drift
- Partnered with Cornell University to test soil 3x a year
- Furniture, fixtures and buildings around the farm are locally and sustainably made using local Amish Artisans, thus lowering the transportation carbon footprint
Heal The Planet Farm and the Beyond Organic Ranch use permaculture practices to create regenerative food forests—with help from holistic grazing and livestock management—to build soil organic matter, capture carbon and transform the environment. It is located in Missouri and has been Organic Certified for over 10 years.
“Through our regenerative agriculture practices, we make sure that we’re giving back to the soil instead of just taking from it, because we want to be part of the solution, not the problem,” said Jordan Rubin, Co-Founder and CEO of Ancient Nutrition.